PK Safety is an expanding online retailer that sells safety products to businesses and consumers within the U.S. and abroad. We’re looking for an experienced Sales Manager with a proven record of successful growth through managing an Inside Sales team of at least 10 direct reports and previous revenue responsibility of $25M or more. This person would be responsible for managing and mentoring the Inside Sales and Customer Service teams and achieving double digit growth in the safety equipment market nationally and internationally. If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!
• A 70 year old family-owned business with a fun start-up style culture where people and new ideas matter.
• Exciting opportunities in a friendly and supportive atmosphere where we expect you to take ownership, take risks, and grow.
• Medical, dental & vision benefits at no cost to the employee. Includes wellness discount programs for gym memberships, massage therapy & more!
• 401k with company contribution and immediate vesting.
• Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
• Waterfront location with free parking in Alameda, CA.
• Casual culture, dress comfortably.
• Lots of food and fun!
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Manage both the Inside Sales and Customer Service teams responsible for delivering monthly and quarterly quotas.
• Responsible for developing a business plan and strategy focused on driving year over year gross margin growth of 20%.
• You are expected to meet or exceed 100% of your quota through implementing creative sales strategies and managing call and activity metrics for the teams.
• You will be accountable for growing the business both through existing accounts and developing new accounts.
• Develop and maintain key vendor relationships to optimize product availability and margin.
• Responsible for obtaining profitable results by developing the teams through motivating, coaching, training, skills development and product knowledge development.
• Lead, schedule, and attend weekly and monthly team meetings with sales and customer service teams.
• Embody company culture and maintain high employee engagement.
• Ensure proper usage of Netsuite, Tenfold, RingCentral, and any other sales applications.
• Document and train team on internal processes and procedures (SOP) and ensure adherence to sales process and key metrics.
• Be an active participant of the management team to help PK grow across all segments from ecommerce to the inside teams.
• Set individual sales and commission targets and administer the commission plan.
• Responsible for the planning, hiring, and training of sales and customer service representatives to accomplish specific objectives.
• Coach and develop direct reports via one-on-one’s, performance meetups, etc.
• Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where sales and customer service can flourish.
• Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales and customer service team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports, cyclical sales meetings, and other processes as needed.
• Assign sales accounts, set sales goals, and establish account development programs for the organization’s sales representatives.
• Track sales and customer service team metrics and report data to leadership on a regular basis.
• Assist in the development of the annual sales plan, specifically advising on realistic forecasts for each product line and account assignments and quotas.
• Analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor customers' preferences.
• 5+ years of sales management experience with a proven track record of driving a highly skilled, motivated, happy, and successful inside sales team with at least 10 direct reports and revenue responsibility of $25M or more.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
• Meeting Sales Goals, Ecommerce, Negotiations, Compensation, Customer Service, Motivation for Sales, Sales Planning, Building Relationships, Coaching, Managing Processes, Developing Budgets, Recruiting & Staffing, Sales Planning, Microsoft Office, Safety Equipment or related experience a plus, Netsuite or other CRM experience also a plus.
• This is a full-time onsite position.
PK Safety Supply is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.