We're an expanding Internet retail company that sells safety products (think gas detectors, harnesses & gloves) to businesses and consumers in the US. We are looking for an amazing, multi-talented VP of eCommerce and digital marketing expert to join our team. Experience in fast-paced, high-growth B2C/B2B retail and eCommerce is necessary. You will be in charge of attracting website traffic, converting traffic into sales, capturing email addresses to grow our database, development of marketing campaigns to drive volume, and delivering strong loyalty and repeat purchases to meet or exceed aggressive topline sales and profit margin growth, while helping grow brand awareness of PK Safety. If this sounds like a good fit, read on!
- A 70 year old family-owned business with a fun start-up style culture where people and new ideas matter.
- Exciting opportunities in a friendly and supportive atmosphere where we expect you to take ownership, take risks, and grow.
- Medical, dental & vision benefits at no cost to the employee. Includes wellness discount programs for gym memberships, massage therapy & more.
- 401k with company contribution and immediate vesting.
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
- Waterfront location with free parking in Alameda, CA.
- Casual culture, dress comfortably.
- Lots of food and fun.
- Email Marketing: Expertise in creating robust email marketing campaigns (experience with Listak or Cheetahmail is ideal), including audience segmentation, email automated programs (retargeting, abandoned cart, etc.), and precise reporting, analytics, and attribution. Grow our email list organically, not through bought or rented lists. Manage frequent, segmented email campaigns, focusing on campaigns and product sales, calls-to-action, and content to drive high open, click-through, and conversions. Ability to segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement, purchases, website interactions, and defined industry needs.
- eCommerce: Experience managing all elements of P&L of eCommerce store. Develop effective on-site marketing, with particular emphasis on conversion strategy, creating the marketing funnel, product merchandising, and delivering sales and sales growth against aggressive revenue plans.
- Marketing: Integrate Marketing, Design, and Merchandise to create and produce promotional offers and special items to drive higher brand awareness, customer engagement, and sales. Manage the communication of all marketing programs across multiple channels, including website, email, social media, package inserts, direct mail, retargeting, and other digital channels.
- Digital Marketing: Experience managing PPC, SEO, and social advertising programs to maximize qualified traffic to website and consistently rank high in search engines. Must have proven success with retargeting, product listing ads, social retargeting and prospecting, and social commerce. Experience in Google Analytics and digital dashboards is required.
- SEO: Manage both on-page SEO and off-page SEO for the company. Integrate content marketing and blog contributors to create high-quality content around important, relevant terms. Manage and improve organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on click through rates, traffic, and conversions.
- Traffic and Acquisition: Grow the database with qualified prospects and new customers by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content, and marketing campaigns aimed at buyers across multiple major industries.
- Optimization: Improve our marketing programs and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels. Experience optimizing customer journey and conversion to create higher sales and repeat purchase.
- Brand Strategy: Expertise creating brand awareness among new prospects while reinforcing brand to existing customers. Develop marketing programs that grow the brand, drive higher awareness about the brand, products, and industries we serve, and convert engagement into sales.
- Social Media Marketing: Manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant. Create shareable content appropriate for specific industries to spread both our brand and our content. Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from new audiences.
- Editorial & PR: Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.). Seek out editorial opportunities with bloggers, trade and consumer magazines, and news outlets to promote the company’s brands and services.
- Reporting & Analytics: Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers. Be able to create forecasts by channel to predict where sales come from and maximize budget for highest ROI while achieving sales goals.
- Creative: Need an eye for creating and approving effective and compelling email/website/content/social marketing and working with resources to design assets in support of marketing and brand strategy.
- Maintains regular contact with all participants and keeps teams updated on progress of sales metrics, web activity, promotions, and budget.
- Provides development and logistical management regarding all aspects of the marketing programs and offers that occur across all channels.
- Works with Executive Management, Merchandising, and a strong alignment with Inside Sales to manage day-to-day marketing in support of achieving overall company growth.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in retail and eCommerce necessary.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions.
- Proficiency in marketing automation and software in order to generate traffic, convert visitors into leads, and then nurture them (using dynamic workflows) into converted customers.
- Bonus skills: HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite.
- This is a full-time onsite position
- Reports to Owner/CEO
Thank you for your interest in working for PK Safety. We will contact you if we decide to move forward with your application. We keep all resumes on hand to consider for our current and future openings.
PK Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.